1. atmospheric moisture or dust or smoke that causes reduced visibility
Definition categories: phenomenon, aerosol
2. confusion characterized by lack of clarity
Similar word(s): daze, fog
Definition categories: thought, confusedness, confusion, disarray, muddiness
Sentences with haze as a noun:
- The soap left a persistent haze on the drinking glasses.
- The furniture has a haze, possibly from some kind of wax.
1. become hazy, dull, or cloudy
Definition categories: weather, cloud, overcast
2. harass by imposing humiliating or painful tasks, as in military institutions
Definition categories: social, beset, chevvy, chevy, chivvy, chivy, harass, harry, hassle, molest, plague, provoke