1. diurnal bird of prey typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
2. an advocate of an aggressive policy on foreign relations
3. a square board with a handle underneath; used by masons to hold or carry mortar
Similar word(s): mortarboard
Definition categories: man–made, board
Sentences with hawk as a noun:
- It is illegal to hunt hawks or other raptors in many parts of the world.
1. sell or offer for sale from place to place
2. hunt with hawks
- the tribes like to hawk in the desert
3. clear mucus or food from one's throat
Sentences with hawk as a verb:
- The vendors were hawking their wares from little tables lining either side of the market square.
- Grandpa sat on the front porch, hawking and wheezing, as he packed his pipe with cheap tobacco.