1. An imitation of laughter, often used to express scorn or disbelief. Often doubled or tripled (haw haw or haw haw haw).
- You think that song was good? Haw!
2. An intermission or hesitation of speech, with a sound somewhat like "haw"; the sound so made.
3. An instruction for a horse or other animal to turn towards the driver, typically left.
1. a spring-flowering shrub or small tree of the genus Crataegus
Similar word(s): hawthorn
2. the nictitating membrane of a horse
Definition categories: body