1. having or showing excessive or compulsive concern with something
- became more and more haunted by the stupid riddle
2. showing emotional affliction or disquiet
- her expression became progressively more haunted
Similar word(s): troubled
3. inhabited by or as if by apparitions
- a haunted house
Similar word(s): inhabited
Sentences with haunted as an adjective:
- The hotel was haunted by a disembodied spirit.
- a haunted expression
1. simple past tense and past participle of haunt
- According to local legend, a ghost has haunted the mansion for two hundred years.