1. a support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute)
Definition categories: man–made, support
2. stable gear consisting of an arrangement of leather straps fitted to a draft animal so that it can be attached to and pull a cart
1. put a harness
- harness the horse
Similar word(s): tackle
2. exploit the power of
- harness natural forces and resources
3. control and direct with or as if by reins
Similar word(s): rein
4. keep in check
Sentences with harness as a verb:
- They harnessed the horse to the post.
- Imagine what might happen if it were possible to harness solar energy fully.