1. (obsolete or dialect) maybe, perhaps.
1. come to pass
- What is happening?
Definition categories: change
2. happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance
- It happens that today is my birthday
3. chance to be or do something, without intention or causation
- I happen to have just what you need!
4. come into being; become reality
5. come upon, as if by accident; meet with
- I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here
Definition categories: possession
Sentences with happen as a verb:
- Let me tell you how it happened.
- Take an umbrella in case it happens to rain.
- Do you happen to have an umbrella?