1. having or covered with hair
- Jacob was a hairy man
- a hairy caterpillar
Similar word(s): canescent, hoary, comal, comate, comose, downy, puberulent, pubescent, sericeous, floccose, furlike, furred, furry, fuzzed, fuzzy, hispid, lanate, woolly, pappose, pilary, pilose, pilous, tomentose, tomentous, wiry, wooly, haired, hirsute
2. hazardous and frightening
- hairy moments in the mountains
Similar word(s): alarming
Sentences with hairy as an adjective:
- a hairy man
- hairy mammoth
- She is a great admirer of hairy chests.
- It’s a hairy problem, and will probably take several weeks to sort out.