1. an informal term for a youth or man
- a nice guy
- the guy's only doing it for some doll
2. an effigy of Guy Fawkes that is burned on a bonfire on Guy Fawkes Day
3. a cable, wire, or rope that is used to brace something (especially a tent)
Sentences with guy as a noun:
- A new guy started at the office today.
- Jane considers that guy to be very good looking.
- I wonder what those guys are doing with that cat?
- The dog's left foreleg was broken, poor little guy.
- This guy, here, controls the current, and this guy, here, measures the voltage.
- Hey, guy, give a man a break, would ya?
1. subject to laughter or ridicule
2. steady or support with a guy wire or cable
- The Italians guyed the Tower of Pisa to prevent it from collapsing