1. an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
2. the grade of particle fineness to which a substance is ground
- a coarse grind of coffee
3. hard monotonous routine work
4. the act of grinding to a powder or dust
Sentences with grind as a noun:
- This bag contains espresso grind.
- This homework is a grind.
1. press or grind with a crushing noise
2. make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
Similar word(s): grate
3. work hard
4. dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
5. reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading
- grind the spices in a mortar
6. created by grinding
- grind designs into the glass bowl
7. shape or form by grinding
- grind lenses for glasses and cameras
Sentences with grind as a verb:
- grind a lens
- grind an axe
- This corn grinds well.
- Steel grinds to a sharp edge.
- Grinding lessons into students' heads does not motivate them to learn.
- Eh, brah, let's go grind.