1. of the color between blue and yellow in the color spectrum; similar to the color of fresh grass
- a green tree
- green fields
- green paint
2. concerned with or supporting or in conformity with the political principles of the Green Party
3. not fully developed or mature; not ripe
- fried green tomatoes
- green wood
4. looking pale and unhealthy
- you're looking green
- green around the gills
5. naive and easily deceived or tricked
Sentences with green as an adjective:
- The former flag of Libya is completely green.
- Sally looks pretty green — is she going to be sick?
- John's kind of green, so take it easy on him this first week.
- He was green with envy.
- a green manhood;
1. green color or pigment; resembling the color of growing grass
Definition categories: attribute
2. a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
3. an environmentalist who belongs to the Green Party
4. a river that rises in western Wyoming and flows southward through Utah to become a tributary of the Colorado River
Definition categories: object
5. an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course
- the ball rolled across the green and into the bunker
6. any of various leafy plants or their leaves and stems eaten as vegetables
Similar word(s): greens
7. street names for ketamine
Similar word(s): jet
Definition categories: man–made, ketamine
Sentences with green as a noun:
- green colour: