1. in full operation
- a going concern
Similar word(s): active
Sentences with going as an adjective:
- He didn't want to make an unsecured loan to the business because it didn't look like a going concern.
- The going rate for manual snow-shoveling is $25 an hour.
- He has the easiest job going.
1. the act of departing
2. euphemistic expressions for death
3. advancing toward a goal
- persuading him was easy going
Similar word(s): sledding
Sentences with going as a noun:
- The going was very difficult over the ice.
- We made good going for a while, but then we came to the price.
- Not only were the streets not paved with gold, but the going was difficult for an immigrant.
1. present participle of go