1. an alert and refreshed state
Similar word(s): freshness
2. light from nonthermal sources
Similar word(s): luminescence
3. the phenomenon of light emission by a body as its temperature is raised
Similar word(s): incandescence
4. a feeling of considerable warmth
- the glow of new love
- a glow of regret
Definition categories: feeling
5. a steady even light without flames
6. the amount of electromagnetic radiation leaving or arriving at a point on a surface
7. an appearance of reflected light
Sentences with glow as a noun:
- He had a bright red glow on his face.
1. emit a steady even light without flames
- The fireflies were glowing and flying about in the garden
2. have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink
- Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna
3. shine intensely, as if with heat
- The coals were glowing in the dark
Similar word(s): burn
4. be exuberant or high-spirited
- Make the people's hearts glow
5. experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
Sentences with glow as a verb:
- The fire was still glowing after ten hours.
- The zealots glowed with religious fervor.
- You are glowing from happiness!
- Iron glows red hot when heated to near its melting point.
- After their workout, the gymnasts' faces were glowing red.
- The new baby's room glows with bright, loving colors.