1. marked by lack of intellectual depth
- glib generalizations
- a glib response to a complex question
Similar word(s): superficial
2. having only superficial plausibility
- glib promises
3. artfully persuasive in speech
- a glib tongue
Similar word(s): persuasive
Sentences with glib as an adjective:
- a sheet of glib ice
- a glib tongue; a glib speech
1. (historical) A mass of matted hair worn down over the eyes, formerly worn in Ireland.
1. (transitive) To make glib.
2. (obsolete) To castrate; to geld; to emasculate.