1. showing or causing joy and pleasure; especially made happy
- glad you are here
- glad that they succeeded
- gave a glad shout
2. eagerly disposed to act or to be of service
- glad to help
3. feeling happy appreciation
- glad of the fire's warmth
4. cheerful and bright
- a glad May morning
Sentences with glad as an adjective:
- I'm glad the rain has finally stopped.
1. any of numerous plants of the genus Gladiolus native chiefly to tropical and South Africa having sword-shaped leaves and one-sided spikes of brightly colored funnel-shaped flowers; widely cultivated
Definition categories: plant
1. (transitive) To make glad; to cheer; to gladden; to exhilarate.