1. a drawback or difficulty that is not readily evident
Similar word(s): catch
2. something unspecified whose name is either forgotten or not known
Definition categories: man–made, stuff
3. any clever maneuver
- it was a great sales gimmick
- a cheap promotions gimmick for greedy businessmen
Sentences with gimmick as a noun:
- The box had a gimmick to make the coin appear to vanish.
- The contest was a gimmick to get people to sign up for their mailing list.
1. To rig or set up with a trick or device.
- The magician's box was gimmicked with a wire that made it appear to open on its own.