1. bring into existence
- The new manager generated a lot of problems
- The computer bug generated chaos in the office
- The computer generated this image
2. give or supply
3. produce (energy)
- We can't generate enough power for the entire city
- The hydroelectric plant needs to generate more electricity
4. make (offspring) by reproduction
Sentences with generate as a verb:
- The discussion generated an uproar.
- Adding concentrated sulphuric acid to water generates heat.
- They generated many offspring.
- Rotating a circle generates a sphere.