1. (humorous) The sound of a gasp.
- Gasp! What will happen next?
1. a short labored intake of breath with the mouth open
- she gave a gasp and fainted
Similar word(s): pant
Sentences with gasp as a noun:
- The audience gave a gasp of astonishment
- I'm popping out for a gasp.
1. breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted
Sentences with gasp as a verb:
- The audience gasped as the magician disappeared.
- We were all gasping when we reached the summit.
- The old man gasped his last few words.
- I'm gasping for a cup of tea.