1. the usual or familiar type
- it is a common or garden sparrow
Similar word(s): familiar
1. a plot of ground where plants are cultivated
2. the flowers or vegetables or fruits or herbs that are cultivated in a garden
3. a yard or lawn adjoining a house
Sentences with garden as a noun:
- a vegetable garden a flower garden
- You can spend the afternoon walking around the town gardens.
- a garden party; a garden spade; a garden path
- This house has a swimming pool, a tent, a swing set and a fountain in the garden. We were drinking lemonade and playing croquet in the garden. Our garden is overgrown with weeds.