1. an association of criminals
- police tried to break up the gang
2. an informal body of friends
3. an organized group of workmen
Similar word(s): crew
4. tool consisting of a combination of implements arranged to work together
Definition categories: man–made, tool
Sentences with gang as a noun:
- the Gashouse Gang
- The gang from our office is going out for drinks Friday night.
- a gang of sailors; a railroad gang.
- a youth gang; a neighborhood gang; motorcycle gang.
- the Winter Hill gang; the Gang of Four.
- Not all members of the Gang of Six are consistent in their opposition to filibuster.
- a gang of saws; a gang of plows.
- a new gang of stays.
- an outlet gang box; a double gang switch.
- a gang of wires
- Do a drop for the telephone gang, then another drop for the internet gang, both through the ceiling of the wiring closet.