1. not showing fear in battle or action
- a gallant warrior
- put up a gallant resistance to the attackers
2. lively and spirited
3. having or displaying great dignity or nobility
- a gallant pageant
4. being attentive to women like an ideal knight
1. a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
2. a man who attends or escorts a woman
Similar word(s): squire
1. (obsolete, transitive) To attend or wait on (a lady).
- to gallant ladies to the play
2. (obsolete, transitive) To handle with grace or in a modish manner.
- to gallant a fan