1. an excited state of agitation
2. an angry disturbance
- he didn't want to make a fuss
3. a quarrel about petty points
4. a rapid active commotion
Sentences with fuss as a noun:
- They made a big fuss about the wedding plans.
- What's all the fuss about?
- If you make enough of a fuss about the problem, maybe they'll fix it for you.
- They made a great fuss over the new baby.
1. worry unnecessarily or excessively
- don't fuss too much over the grandchildren--they are quite big now
2. care for like a mother
- She fusses over her husband
Sentences with fuss as a verb:
- His grandmother will never quit fussing over his vegetarianism.
- Quit fussing with your hair. It looks fine.
- He fussed the cat.