1. a reserve of money set aside for some purpose
2. a supply of something available for future use
3. a financial institution that sells shares to individuals and invests in securities issued by other companies
Definition categories: group
Sentences with fund as a noun:
- the fund of a bank, commercial house, manufacturing corporation, etc.
- a fund for the maintenance of underprivileged students
- Several major funds were declared insolvent recently.
- He drew on his immense fund of knowledge.
1. convert (short-term floating debt) into long-term debt that bears fixed interest and is represented by bonds
2. place or store up in a fund for accumulation
3. provide a fund for the redemption of principal or payment of interest
4. invest money in government securities
5. accumulate a fund for the discharge of a recurrent liability
- fund a medical care plan
6. furnish money for
- The government funds basic research in many areas