1. characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion
- tell me what you think--and you may just as well be frank
2. clearly manifest; evident
- frank enjoyment
Similar word(s): obvious
Sentences with frank as an adjective:
- May I be frank with you?
- The research probes whether treating pre-diabetes with metformin can prevent progression to frank diabetes.
1. a member of the ancient Germanic peoples who spread from the Rhine into the Roman Empire in the 4th century
2. a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
Sentences with frank as a noun:
- Buy a package of franks for the barbecue.