1. constituting or comprising a part or fraction of a possible whole or entirety
- a fractional share of the vote
1. (grammar) An expression of a fractional number.
- In English, most ordinals double as fractionals — "third", "fourth", and so on — with the exception of "second", whose corresponding fractional is "half".
2. Partial ownership of a property, such as real estate or a chartered airplane, such that each partial owner has use of the property for only a portion of the time.
- A fractional is much more expensive than a traditional timeshare, but to many people, it's worth it.
3. (chemistry) Relating to a fraction in a material distillation or separation process.