1. alert carnivorous mammal with pointed muzzle and ears and a bushy tail; most are predators that do not hunt in packs
2. a shifty deceptive person
3. the grey or reddish-brown fur of a fox
4. a member of an Algonquian people formerly living west of Lake Michigan along the Fox River
5. the Algonquian language of the Fox
1. deceive somebody
2. be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly
3. become discolored with, or as if with, mildew spots
Sentences with fox as a verb:
- This crossword puzzle has completely foxed me.
- The pages of the book show distinct foxing.