1. a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement
Similar word(s): expression
Definition categories: communication
2. directions for making something
Similar word(s): recipe
3. a conventionalized statement expressing some fundamental principle
4. a representation of a substance using symbols for its constituent elements
5. something regarded as a normative example
- his formula for impressing visitors
6. a liquid food for infants
7. (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems
- he gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials
Similar word(s): rule
Sentences with formula as a noun:
- is a formula for finding the roots of the quadratic equation ax2 + bx + c = 0.
- H2O is the formula for water (Dihydrogen monoxide)
- The company's winning formula includes excellent service and quality products.
- The formula of the rocket fuel has not been revealed.