1. of concern to or concerning the affairs of other nations (other than your own)
- foreign trade
- a foreign office
2. relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world
- foreign nations
- a foreign accent
- on business in a foreign city
3. not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something
- the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper
- jealousy is foreign to her nature
4. not belonging to that in which it is contained; introduced from an outside source
- foreign particles in milk
Sentences with foreign as an adjective:
- foreign markets; foreign soil
- He liked visiting foreign cities.
- foreign car; foreign word; foreign citizen; foreign trade
- foreign policy; foreign navies
- foreign body; foreign substance; foreign gene; foreign species
- It was completely foreign to their way of thinking.
- My bank charges me $2.50 every time I use a foreign ATM.
1. (informal) foreigner