1. (obsolete) Fast, swift.
1. a formation of aircraft in flight
2. an instance of traveling by air
Similar word(s): flying
3. a stairway (set of steps) between one floor or landing and the next
4. the act of escaping physically
- his flight was an indication of his guilt
Similar word(s): escape
Definition categories: act
5. an air force unit smaller than a squadron
Definition categories: group
6. passing above and beyond ordinary bounds
- a flight of fancy
- flights of rhetoric
- flights of imagination
7. the path followed by an object moving through space
Similar word(s): trajectory
Definition categories: phenomenon
8. a flock of flying birds
9. a scheduled trip by plane between designated airports
- I took the noon flight to Chicago
Sentences with flight as a noun:
- Birds are capable of flight
- The migrating birds' flight took them to Africa.
- The flight to Paris leaves at 7 o'clock tonight
- Where is the departure gate for flight 747? / Go straight down and to the right.
- take flight
- the flight of a refugee
- How many flights is it up?