1. (of a number) having a fixed and unchanging value
Similar word(s): determinate
2. fixed and unmoving
- with eyes set in a fixed glassy stare
3. securely placed or fastened or set
- a fixed piece of wood
- a fixed resistor
4. incapable of being changed or moved or undone; e.g.
- living on fixed incomes
Sentences with fixed as an adjective:
- fixed assets
- I work fixed hours for a fixed salary.
- Every religion has its own fixed ideas.
- He looked at me with a fixed glare.
- She's nicely fixed after two divorce settlements.
- In the United States, recordings are only granted copyright protection when the sounds in the recording were fixed and first published on or after February 15, 1972.
- a fixed tomcat; the she-cat has been fixed
1. simple past tense and past participle of fix