1. Of food, that satisfies the appetite by filling the stomach
- a filling meal
1. any material that fills a space or container
- there was not enough fill for the trench
Similar word(s): fill
2. flow into something (as a container)
3. a food mixture used to fill pastry or sandwiches etc.
4. the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving
5. (dentistry) a dental appliance consisting of any of various substances (as metal or plastic) inserted into a prepared cavity in a tooth
- when he yawned I could see the gold fillings in his teeth
- an informal British term for `filling' is `stopping'
Definition categories: man–made
6. the act of filling something
Definition categories: act
1. present participle of fill