1. food for domestic livestock
Similar word(s): provender
Sentences with feed as a noun:
- They sell feed, riding helmets, and everything else for horses.
- a satellite feed
- the paper feed of a printer
- They held a crab feed on the beach.
- I've subscribed to the feeds of my favourite blogs, so I can find out when new posts are added without having to visit those sites.
1. provide as food
- Feed the guests the nuts
2. give food to
- Feed the starving children in India
Similar word(s): give
3. feed into; supply
- Her success feeds her vanity
4. introduce continuously
- feed carrots into a food processor
5. support or promote
6. take in food; used of animals only
Similar word(s): eat
7. serve as food for; be the food for
- This dish feeds six
8. move along, of liquids
- the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi
9. profit from in an exploitatory manner
- He feeds on her insecurity
Similar word(s): prey
- feed one's eyes on a gorgeous view
Similar word(s): feast
11. provide with fertilizers or add nutrients to
Sentences with feed as a verb:
- Feed the dog every evening.
- Spiders feed on gnats and flies.
- Feed the fish to the dolphins.
- Feed the paper gently into the document shredder.
- We got interesting results after feeding the computer with the new data.
- Springs feed ponds with water.
- If grain is too forward in autumn, feed it with sheep.
- Nasalization feeds raising.