1. bringing death
2. having momentous consequences; of decisive importance
- the fatal day of the election finally arrived
3. (of events) having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences; bringing ruin
- such doctrines, if true, would be absolutely fatal to my theory
- it is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it
4. controlled or decreed by fate; predetermined
- a fatal series of events
Sentences with fatal as an adjective:
- a fatal wound; a fatal disease; a fatal day; a fatal error
- a fatal error; a fatal exception
1. A fatality; an event that leads to death.
2. (computing) A fatal error; a failure that causes a program to terminate.