1. ludicrously odd
- fantastic Halloween costumes
2. extraordinarily good or great; used especially as intensifiers
- a fantastic trip to the Orient
- the film was fantastic!
3. fanciful and unrealistic; not believable.
- a fantastic idea of his own importance
4. existing in fancy only
- fantastic figures with bulbous heads the circumference of a bushel
5. extravagantly fanciful in design, construction, appearance
- Gaudi's fantastic architecture
Similar word(s): fancy
Sentences with fantastic as an adjective:
- He told fantastic stories of dragons and goblins.
- His fantastic post-college plans had all collapsed within a year of graduation.
- She had a fantastic view of her own importance that none of her colleagues shared.
- The events were so fantastic that only the tabloids were willing to print them.
- She entered the lab and stood gaping for a good ten minutes at the fantastic machinery at work all around her.
- "I had a simply fantastic vacation, and I can't wait to tell you all about it!"