1. steadfast in affection or allegiance
- years of faithful service
- faithful employees
- we do not doubt that England has a faithful patriot in the Lord Chancellor
2. marked by fidelity to an original
- a faithful copy of the portrait
- a faithful rendering of the observed facts
3. not having sexual relations with anyone except your husband or wife, or your boyfriend or girlfriend
- he remained faithful to his wife
Sentences with faithful as an adjective:
- My dog is a very faithful dog.
- Some people are faithful to their god.
- My servant is very faithful.
- I would consider that a very faithful reproduction.
- They had been faithful to each other all of their married life.
1. any loyal and steadfast following
2. a group of people who adhere to a common faith and habitually attend a given church
Definition categories: group
Sentences with faithful as a noun:
- The faithful pray five times a day.