1. vulnerability to the elements; to the action of heat or cold or wind or rain
- exposure to the weather
- they died from exposure
2. the act of subjecting someone to an influencing experience
3. the disclosure of something secret
- they feared exposure of their campaign plans
4. aspect resulting from the direction a building or window faces
- the studio had a northern exposure
5. the state of being vulnerable or exposed
- his exposure to ridicule
Similar word(s): vulnerability
6. the intensity of light falling on a photographic film or plate
- he used the wrong exposure
Definition categories: quantity
7. a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide or in digital format
Definition categories: man–made, representation
8. the act of exposing film to light
9. presentation to view in an open or public manner
- the exposure of his anger was shocking
10. abandoning without shelter or protection (as by leaving an infant out in the open)
Sentences with exposure as a noun:
- Limit your exposure to harsh chemicals.
- They rented a cabin with a beautiful southern exposure.
- The vagrant died of exposure.