1. drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired; completely exhausted
- the day's shopping left her exhausted
2. depleted of energy, force, or strength
- impossible to grow tobacco on the exhausted soil
- the exhausted food sources
- exhausted oil wells
Similar word(s): spent
3. drained physically
- the day's events left her completely exhausted--her strength drained
Similar word(s): drained
Sentences with exhausted as an adjective:
- The exhausted man fell asleep immediately.
- The exhausted mine was worthless once all the ore had been extracted.
1. simple past tense and past participle of exhaust