1. your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief
- the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling
Similar word(s): grounds
2. an indication that makes something evident
- his trembling was evidence of his fear
3. (law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved
Sentences with evidence as a noun:
- There is no evidence that anyone was here earlier.
1. provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
2. provide evidence for
3. give evidence
Similar word(s): tell
Sentences with evidence as a verb:
- She was furious, as evidenced by her slamming the door.