1. of or relating to the philosophical study of ethics
- ethical codes
- ethical theories
2. conforming to accepted standards of social or professional behavior
- an ethical lawyer
- ethical medical practice
- an ethical problem
Similar word(s): right
3. adhering to ethical and moral principles
- it seems ethical and right
Sentences with ethical as an adjective:
- The philosopher Kant is particularly known for his ethical writings.
- All employees must familiarize themselves with our ethical guidelines.
- We are trying to decide what the most ethical course of action would be.
- In most jurisdictions, morphine is classified as an ethical drug.
1. An ethical drug.