1. start abruptly
2. erupt or intensify suddenly
- Unrest erupted in the country
3. start to burn or burst into flames
4. break out
- The tooth erupted and had to be extracted
5. become active and spew forth lava and rocks
- Vesuvius erupts once in a while
6. force out or release suddenly and often violently something pent up
- erupt in anger
Definition categories: emotion
7. appear on the skin
- A rash erupted on her arms after she had touched the exotic plant
8. become raw or open
Similar word(s): recrudesce
Sentences with erupt as a verb:
- The volcano erupted, spewing lava across a wide area.
- The third molar tooth erupts late in most people, and sometimes does not appear at all.
- The crowd erupted in anger.