1. sufficient for the purpose
- enough food
- food enough
1. as much as necessary
- Have I eaten enough?
Similar word(s): plenty
Sentences with enough as an adverb:
- I cannot run fast enough to catch up to them.
- He is ready enough to accept the offer.
1. Sufficient; all that is required, needed, or appropriate.
- I've already had enough coffee today.
- Are you man enough to fight me?
1. stop! Don't do that anymore, etc.
1. an adequate quantity; a quantity that is large enough to achieve a purpose
- enough is as good as a feast
Similar word(s): sufficiency
Definition categories: quantity
1. A sufficient or adequate number, amount, etc.
- I have enough to keep me going.