1. of or relating to a disease (or anything resembling a disease) constantly present to greater or lesser extent in a particular locality
- diseases endemic to the tropics
- endemic malaria
- food shortages and starvation are endemic in certain parts of the world
2. native to or confined to a certain region
- the islands have a number of interesting endemic species
3. originating where it is found
- endemic folkways
Sentences with endemic as an adjective:
- Kangaroos are endemic to Australia.
- The endemic religion of Easter Island arrived with the Polynesian settlers.
- Malaria is endemic to the tropics.
1. a disease that is constantly present to a greater or lesser degree in people of a certain class or in people living in a particular location
2. a plant that is native to a certain limited area
- it is an endemic found only this island