1. come out into view, as from concealment
- Suddenly, the proprietor emerged from his office
2. come out of
Definition categories: change
3. become known or apparent
- Some nice results emerged from the study
4. come up to the surface of or rise
- He felt new emotions emerge
5. happen or occur as a result of something
Sentences with emerge as a verb:
- He emerged unscathed from the accident.
- The Soviet Union emerged from the ruins of an empire.
- The submarine emerged from the ocean.
- Gradually the truth emerged.