1. An embedded reporter/journalist: a war reporter assigned to and travelling with a military unit.
2. An element of an advertisement, etc. serving as a subliminal message.
3. (computing) An item embedded in another document.
1. fix or set securely or deeply
2. attach to, as a journalist to a military unit when reporting on a war
- The young reporter was embedded with the Third Division
Sentences with embed as a verb:
- to embed something in clay, mortar, or sand
- We wanted to embed our reporter with the Fifth Infantry Division, but the Army would have none of it.
- The instructions showed how to embed a chart from the spreadsheet within the wordprocessor document.
- The torus can be embedded in .