1. being one more than seven
Similar word(s): cardinal
1. the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one
2. a group of United States painters founded in 1907 and noted for their realistic depictions of sordid aspects of city life
3. one of four playing cards in a deck with eight pips on the face
Definition categories: man–made, spot
1. (cardinal) A numerical value equal to 8; the number occurring after seven and before nine.
- He works eight hours a day.
2. Describing a set or group with eight components.