1. animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes; especially the thin-shelled reproductive body laid by e.g. female birds
2. oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food
Similar word(s): eggs
3. one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
Sentences with egg as a noun:
- I also determine the minimal amount of egg required to make good mayonnaise.
- We made a big omelette with three eggs.
- The farmer offered me some fresh eggs, but I told him I was allergic to egg.