1. being effective without wasting time or effort or expense
- an efficient production manager
- efficient engines save gas
2. able to accomplish a purpose; functioning effectively
- an efficient secretary
- the efficient cause of the revolution
Sentences with efficient as an adjective:
- An efficient process would automate all the routine work.
- Our cleaners are almost too efficient: they throw away anything left out on a desk.
- The motor is only 20% efficient at that temperature.
- Ownership, maintenance, or use of the automobile need not be the direct and efficient cause of the injury sustained