1. having a specified kind of border or edge
- a black-edged card
- rough-edged leaves
- dried sweat left salt-edged patches
Similar word(s): bordered
2. (of speech) harsh or hurtful in tone or character
- edged satire
3. having a cutting edge or especially an edge or edges as specified; often used in combination
- an edged knife
- a two-edged sword
Similar word(s): sharp
Sentences with edged as an adjective:
- The monks were forbidden to carry edged weapons such as swords and axes.
1. Past tense of to edge.
- Already a mentally fragile boy, he now edged towards insanity.