1. the sense organ for hearing and equilibrium
2. good hearing
- he had a keen ear
- a good ear for pitch
3. the externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear
Definition categories: body
4. attention to what is said
- he tried to get her ear
5. fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
Sentences with ear as a noun:
- a good ear for music
- the ears of a tub, skillet, or dish;
- He is in the fields, harvesting ears of corn.
1. (humorous) To take in with the ears; to hear.
2. (intransitive) To put forth ears in growing; to form ears, as grain does.
- This corn ears well.
3. (archaic) To plough.