1. in or associated with the process of passing from life or ceasing to be
- a dying man
- his dying wish
- a dying fire
2. eagerly desirous
- dying to hear who won
Sentences with dying as an adjective:
- The dying dog was put out of his misery with a single shot!
- dying fire
- In the dying moments of daylight I glimpsed a sail on the horizon.
- His dying words were of his mother.
- until my dying day
- his dying bed
1. the time when something ends
- a dying of old hopes
Sentences with dying as a noun:
- The battlefield was littered with the dead and dying.
1. present participle of die