1. of a dull greyish brown to brownish grey color
- the dun and dreary prairie
Similar word(s): chromatic
1. Eye dialect spelling of don't.
1. (humorous) Imitating suspenseful music.
1. horse of a dull brownish grey color
2. a color or pigment varying around a light grey-brown color
- she wore dun
Similar word(s): fawn
Definition categories: attribute
Sentences with dun as a noun:
- dun colour:
- He sent his debtor a dun.
1. treat cruelly
2. persistently ask for overdue payment
- The grocer dunned his customers every day by telephone
3. cure by salting
- dun codfish
4. make a dun color
Sentences with dun as a verb:
- He dun it before and he dun it again.
- Now, ya dun it!